The Tri-City Record wants to highlight the many great businesses and organizations that offer valuable assistance and services to seniors living in the Tri-City Area.
The businesses below, Meals on Wheels, Area Agency on Aging, Home Sweet Home, and many others, each offer an extensive range of beneficial services for all seniors who may need them. From home delivered meals to family relief care, each business specializes in professional senior services that are made to aid any senior’s lifestyle.
With May being National Older Americans Month, the State of Michigan celebrated Senior Action Week with a livestream event held on Wednesday, May 12. Speaker of the Michigan House of Representatives Jason Wentworth, Senate Majority Leader Mike Shirkey, and Representative Donna Lasinski all attended with their thoughts on the subject of improving senior services.
The event featured discussion and advocacy for five critical areas to senior services in the state of Michigan including:
* Rebalancing long-term services and supports funds.
* Increasing access to both home and community based services.
* Bridging the digital divide for older adults, providing access to high speed internet despite location.
* Further supporting and improving the caregiver workforce.
* Establishing a Kinship Care program, assisting caregivers to receive proper training to help children and their families thrive in these senior-living situations.